Become a member
How to become a AWC Member?
AWC welcomes every organization who is interested in current and future Asia water-related issues and willing to bring practical solutions to enhance water security in Asia.
- (Step 1)Download the membership application form on the website or request the form via email.
- (Step 2)Fill in the application form and submit to the Secretariat by e-mail. (email@example.com)
- (Step 3)After the reviewing process, application forms will be submitted to the AWC Board of Council and they will examine the qualification of each applicant.
- (Step 4)AWC BoC will approve or disapprove the membership during the BoC meeting
- (Step 5)Once the membership is approved, the invoice will be delivered.
- (Step 6)Once the membership fee is paid, you will be an official member of the AWC.
BUILDA STRONG GLOBAL WATER NETWORK
FOCUSING ON ASIAN WATER ISSUES
AWC members will have an opportunity to meet and
ENGAGE IN THE ENTIRE PROCESS OF
WATER PROJECTS IN ASIA
AWC members will have an opportunity to get
AWC Membership Fee contributes to host AWC events, implement water projects, research and development, but also to provide emergency relief for water disaster victim members. AWC members can access to all kinds of AWC information including Asian water issues, research outcome reports, newsletters, meeting materials, but also can participate in AWC activities such as Asia International Water Week (AIWW), General Assembly, International water related events and sessions hosted by AWC.
The amount of membership fee varies by college as indicated below.
|College||Criteria based on GDP per capita ($)*|
|LDC** or ≤ $3,000||≤ $10,000||> $10,000|
|College 3||Public Organization|
* World Economic Situation and Prospects (UN, 2021) and World Bank Open Data (2019)
** List of the Least Developed Countries (LDC) 2021 (UN Classification)
|AFGHANISTAN, ANGOLA, *BANGLADESH, BENIN, BHUTAN, BURKINA FASO, BRUNDI, *CAMBODIA, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, CHAD, COMOROS, CONGO, DEM. REP., DJIBOUTI, ERITREA, ETHIOPIA, GAMBIA, THE GUINEA, GUINEA-BISSAU, HAITI, KIRIBATI, *LAO PDR, LESOTHO, LIBERIA, MADAGASCAR, MALAWI, MALI, MAURITANIA, MOZAMBIQUE, *MYANMAR, *NEPAL, NIGER, RWANDA, SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE, SENEGAL, SIERRA LEONE, SOLOMON ISLANDS, SOMALIA, SOUTH SUDAN, SUDAN, TANZANIA, TIMOR-LESTE, TOGO, TUVALU, UGANDA, YEMEN, REP. ZAMBIA
*AWC Member Countries (As of March 2023)
|College||Annual Membership Fee|
|College 2||Multilateral Development Banks (MDB) and Export Credit Agency (ECA)||$900|
|College 5||Academia and Research Organization||$300|
|College 6||International Organization and Civil Societ||$300|
* 15% Discount – For those member organizations who pay three-year membership fee at once (Approved in the 7th BoC Meeting, September 2018)
Document : AWC Membership Fee